Signing up at a football betting site
Once you have decided which betting site you want to sign up to, there are a few short steps you need to go through to do that.
You will generally be able to either sign up via the homepage of a football betting site or through their mobile page or app.
- Click on the “Sign up” or “Register” button
- Enter the required personal details (usually your full name, phone number and email address)
- Select your preferred currency and choose a user name
Before you complete the full registration process, you will either receive a confirmation email to verify that you’ve added a valid email. Or you will receive a code to your mobile phone.
After that, you are often required to complete further details in the registration process, such as adding your full address, preferred language and a password, of course.
Once everything has been confirmed, you are signed up and all set to go!
Funding your football betting account
Before you can start placing football bets, you will need to fund your football betting account. In our reviews, we will always give you all the information you need about the banking options available at a betting site. But you should also make your own checks to confirm that a suitable deposit option is available for you.
Almost all betting sites offer a selection of the following payment methods to fund your betting account:
- Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard)
- eWallets (Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Entropay and many more)
- Prepaid cards (such as Paysafecard and AstroPay)
- Instant banking
- Bank transfer
Keep in mind that some betting sites offer just the most general payment options whilst others will let you choose amongst dozens of deposit methods. Also, most betting sites prefer that you choose the same method to make deposits and withdrawals.
- Visit the cashier
- Click on ‘deposit’ and select the method you want to use
- Add the amount you want to deposit into your betting account
- Complete the payment details as required for your chosen method (such as the credit card number, a prepaid PIN or bank account details)
- Confirm all details and complete the transaction
A successful deposit will be confirmed instantly, though depending on your chosen method, it may take a few minutes or even hours before the transaction is processed and the funds are available in your account.
If you have to wait a little while, your betting site will usually notify you when the funds are available for your perusal. So, if you want to be able to place bets for a certain events (especially in-play bets) make sure your betting account is funded in advance.
Placing a bet
Finally, you are ready to start placing bets on football! And this is how it works:
- Select your football match
- Choose the market you want to bet on
- Click on the odds you want to choose
- These will then be added to your bet slip, which either pops up in a separate window or is shown on the right-hand side
- Add the amount you want to stake (this will then usually also show you the expected return in case of a win)
In the most straightforward instance, you simply make a single bet on a single event and add it to your bet slip, which is the place you refer to as the events unfold and you get the information whether you won or lost in the end.
You can, of course, place multiple bets on a single event or place multiple bets on several different events.
Betting options are varied and only limited by your available budget.
Before you start placing accumulator bets or opting for complicated betting systems, be sure you know the basics.
And most importantly, have fun!